The purpose of this exhibition: To share art by artists who use color with the intention to evoke a positive impact and foster feelings of well-being. Our goal is to accelerate the artists’ recognition by presenting their art, statements and links to their websites.
Exhibition Dates: May 8 – July 8, 2023
(Entry Deadline was April 25) All exhibiting artists have been notified.
On May 4, 2023 all artists who have been accepted were sent a congratulatory email notification sent to the email addresses they listed on their entry forms.
The Importance of Color in Art for Healing: We believe that Art is an inspirational and powerful catalyst for healing individuals, society and the environment.
We also acknowledge that the healing power of color in Art is undeniable. Color has the ability to bring healing energy, soothe our frazzled nerves, and also motivate and empower us. Many scientific studies have proven the healing impact of color and how it affects our behavior, moods, and thoughts. There is also an increasing number of medical facilities are purchasing art and consider color to be an important factor in the healing process and positive impact on patients, staff and visitors.
89 Artists Selected for “The Healing Power of Color” 2023 Exhibition
Congratulations to You All!
Carolyn Abrams, Hiske Tas Bain, Cheryl Anne Barill, Barbara Baskin, Sandra Belitza-Vazquez, Kari Bienert, Eileen Bochsler, Paula Borsetti, Dorit Brauer, Eva Breitfuss, Jodie Brenner, Tanis Bula, Nanda Bussers, Andre Chatelain, Danita G. Cole, Natalie Dadamio, Cristina del Rosso, Dick and Rosanne, Sheryl Renee Dobson, Monique J. Dufour, Jane Dundon, Dr. Michael Durst, Jane Foley Ferraro, Leanne Fink, Mary E. Foster, Marilyn Fox
Lynda Goldman, Marianne Goldyn, Anne Gudrun, Sofia Hardman, Judy Hatlen, Holly Hebel, Cecile Hubene, Sandy Iseli, Karen Johnston, Agnes Jorgensen, Helen Kagan, Marion Kahn, D YaeL Kelley, Anthea Kerou, Cindy Lutz Kornet, Zoe Kowalchuk, Cecil Lee, Bonnie Levinson, Aryana B. Londir, Denise Lorenz, Debbie O Lucas
Heather MacNeil, Emily Marchesiello, Annette Margulies, Francesca Volchitza Marta, Diane Martino, Karen Melton, Joan Metcalf, Robert McArthur, Tommy B. McDonell, Lisa McLaughlin, Britt Michaelian, Connie Mae Moeller, Andrea Monroe, Nancy Natow-Cassidy, Poul Nielsen, Douglas Newton, Elizabeth S. Palmer, Steevie Parks, Susanna Patras, Terry Pesso
Susanne Reske, Cindy Packard Richmond, David G. Rickman, Andrea Robinson, Patricia Roche, Bryan Sabol, Karen H. Salup, Robin Jack Sarner, Rajul Shah, Annie Shaver-Crandell, Rebecca Sobin, Ruth Soller, Lynnie Sterba, Frantisek Strouhal, Paul Thisted, Dee Tivenan, Vasu Tolia, Sharon Trickett, Peter N. Van Giesen, Mark Weller, Acquaetta Williams, Sandra Duran Wilson
About The Exhibition ~ (Please note Entry Deadline was April 25.)
* More than 80 Artists have be selected for “The Healing Power of Color” 2023 Exhibition
* All artists worldwide were invited who use color to generate such feelings as bliss, awe, peace, revelation, hope, healing and well-being. All positive, inspirational themes, styles and subjects are desired.
* All 2D and 3D mediums considered including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, printmaking, digital art, and mixed media. (Exceptions: No installation art, AI-generated art, NFTs, video, craft, or graphic erotic art will be accepted.) All sizes.
* We welcome new artists as well as artists who have been in our previous exhibitions.
* Entry Submission Deadline: April 25, 2023 at 8:00 PM
* Exhibition Dates: May 8-July 8, 2023
* Curator: Renee Phillips, Founder/Director, Manhattan Arts International and Founder/Director, The Healing Power of ART & ARTISTS
Benefits to Exhibiting Artists
The Healing Power of ART & ARTISTS has presented many exhibitions related to the healing power of color. Through these exhibitions artists have increased their global audiences, exhibitions, sales and other opportunities. Our online exhibitions attract thousands of viewers interested in art that is positive, uplifting and healing. We enjoy providing underrecognized artists widespread exposure to our international audience, direct more traffic to their websites, and expand their audience across several social media networks. We encourage viewers of our exhibitions to contact the artists directly to purchase their art.
Special Recognition Awards in “The Healing Power of Color”
* Connie Mae Moeller is the recipient of The Healing Power of ART & ARTISTS Special Recognition Artist Membership Award. She will receive a 1 year membership in The Healing Power of ART & ARTISTS online art gallery with widespread promotion throughout the year. Visit her membership page.
* Jodie Brenner received a “Friend” Membership for 1 year on the Friends page with widespread promotion throughout the year.
* Judy Hatlen received an Art Review by Renee Phillips.
* Lynda Goldman, Agnes Jorgensen, Andre Chatelain and Andrea Robinson received a Special Recognition Art Award for Bringing Positive Change to the World. Read this article about them and their acts of kindness and generosity as they help charities through sales of their art. May.
* 12 or more artists will be selected to have their exhibiting artwork remain on the website permanently in our exhibition archives after the show ends in July.
* 27 artists have their art included in a video produced on the Manhattan Arts International YouTube channel. and Renee Phillips YouTube Channel. They include: Cheryl Anne Barill, Sandra Belitza-Vazquez, Dorit Brauer, Andre Chatelain, Cristina del Rosso, Dick and Rosanne, Leanne Fink, Lynda Goldman, Anne Gudrun, Judy Hatlen, Sandy Iseli, Karen Johnston, Agnes Jorgensen, Helen Kagan, Francesca Volchitza Marta, Robert McArthur, Joan Metcalf, Connie Mae Moeller, Nancy Natow-Cassidy, Debbie O Lucas, Elizabeth S. Palmer, Andrea Robinson, Karen H. Salup, Ruth Soller, Frantisek Strouhal, Paul Thisted, Peter N. Van Giesen, Sandra Duran Wilson
* 16 artists had their artwork featured in promotions for the exhibition. They include Hiske Tas Bain, Cheryl Anne Barill, Tanis Bula, Leanne Fink, Anne Gudren, Karen Johnston, Francesca Volchitza Marta, Connie Mae Moeller, Nancy Natow-Cassidy, Debbie O Lucas, Steevie Parks, Terry Pesso, Rajul Shah, Ruth Soller, Frantisek Strouhal, and Sandra Duran Wilson.
* Artist must be 18 years or older
* Artist must have their own art website
* Artist must submit correctly completed entry form
* Images must be clear and cropped properly.
* JPEG files no larger than 1 MB each
* JPEG size 800 pixels on the longest side
* 80-word Artist’s Statement about your use of color
* Non-refundable entry fee: $25 for 1-2 entries. Each additional entry $10.